Technology is constantly changing. New microcontrollers become available every year. The one thing that has stayed the same is the C programming language used to program these microcontrollers. If you would like to learn this standard language to program microcontrollers, then this book is for you!
Arduino is the hardware platform used to teach the C programming language as Arduino boards are available worldwide and contain the popular AVR microcontrollers from Atmel.
Atmel Studio is used as the development environment for writing C programs for AVR microcontrollers. It is a full-featured integrated development environment (IDE) that uses the GCC C software tools for AVR microcontrollers and is free to download.
At a glance:
• Start learning to program from the very first chapter
• No programming experience is necessary
• Learn by doing - type and run the example programs
• A fun way to learn the C programming language
• Ideal for electronic hobbyists, students and engineers wanting to learn the C programming language in an embedded environment on AVR microcontrollers
• Use the free full-featured Atmel Studio IDE software for Windows
• Write C programs for 8-bit AVR microcontrollers as found on the Arduino Uno and MEGA boards
• Example code runs on Arduino Uno and Arduino MEGA 2560 boards and can be adapted to run on other AVR microcontrollers or boards
• Use the AVR Dragon programmer / debugger in conjunction with Atmel Studio to debug C programs
|Auteur||Warwick A. Smith|