GSM2 Click is an add-on board in mikroBUS™ form factor which is a perfect solution for adding GSM/GPRS communication layer to your device. It features the Quectel M95 FA GSM/GPRS module which supports GSM850MHz, GSM900MHz, DCS1800MHz or PCS1900MHz quad-band frequencies with 85.6 kbps GPRS data transfer. The board contains a quadrupole audio/microphone jack, SMA antenna connector, as well as the SIM card socket. GSM Click communicates with the target microcontroller via seven mikroBUS™ lines (RX, TX, INT, PWM, CS, RST and AN). The board can use either 3.3 V or 5 V power supply and I/O voltage levels. LED diode indicates the presence of power supply.
GSM Click™ with its Quectel M95 FA GSM/GPRS module is ideal for mobile devices. It covers frequencies of 850/900 MHz with up to 2W, and frequencies of 1800/1900 MHz with up to 1W transmitting power. The M95 module is also compliant with the eCall EU Directive. This module is the main component of the click board and it consists of a number of internal blocks or sections, such as antenna switching section, RF transceiver section, memory, power management, and most importantly - the cellular baseband processor. The module interface consists of several lines used to report the device and the network status, SIM card interface lines, UART interface lines, and device control lines. These lines are routed to the respective elements of the Click board™
- Supports GSM/GPRS protocol stack.
- Supports GSM/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900 MHz Quad-band frequency.
- On-board SMA connector as well as 3.5mm quadrupole earphone/microphone jack.
- SIM card socket integrated at the bottom side of the board.
- mikroBUS™ form factor enables easy integration.
- Supported in all mikroElektronika compilers.
- Ready-to-use examples save development time.
- Very compact design and affordable price.