HyperPixel 4.0 – Hi-Res Display for Raspberry Pi (Touch Version)
This version of HyperPixel comes with an IPS display, for better wider viewing angles, custom made cover glass, and the alternate I²C interface is broken, in case someone wants to poke around.
- High-speed DPI interface: Allows shifting of 5x more pixel data than the normal SPI interface
- 4.0" IPS (wide viewing angle, 160°) display (86.4x51.8mm)
- 800x480 pixels (~235 PPI)
- 18-bit colour (262,144 colours)
- 60 FPS frame rate
- Contrast ratio: 500:1
- Capacitive touch
- Capable of multi-touch
- 40-pin female header included boosting height for Pi B+, 2, 3, 3B+
- Standoffs included in order to attach to your Pi securely
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi 3B+, 3, 2, B+, A+, Zero W, and Zero
- One-line installer
It comes fully assembled so that you do not have to bother with soldering.
Please note: when installing the HyperPixel 4.0 onto your Pi make sure not to apply to much pressure on the screen surface. Hold the board by its edges and carefully connect with the extended header.
Pimoroni has put together a one-line-installer to make the process of integrating the HyperPixel 4.0 to your Pi easier:
Open a terminal, and type
curl https://get.pimoroni.com/hyperpixel4 | bash to run the one-line installer and set your HyperPixel 4.0 up.
Find the Pimoroni's GitHub repository here: https://github.com/pimoroni/hyperpixel4