- The STM32F765VI ARM Cortex M7 processor is running at 216 MHz with 512 KB of RAM and 2 MB of flash. All I/O pins output 3.3 V and are 5 V tolerant. The processor has the following I/O interfaces:
- A full-speed USB (12 Mbs) interface to your computer. Your OpenMV Cam will appear as a Virtual COM Port and a USB Flash Drive when plugged in.
- A microSD Card socket capable of 100 Mbs reads/writes which allows your OpenMV Cam to record video and easy pull machine vision assets off of the μSD card.
- An SPI bus that can run up to 54 Mbs allowing you to easily stream image data from the system to either the LCD Shield, the WiFi Shield, or another microcontroller.
- An I2C Bus, CAN Bus, and an Asynchronous Serial Bus (TX/RX) for interfacing with other microcontrollers and sensors.
- A 12-bit ADC and a 12-bit DAC.
- Three I/O pins for servo control.
- Interrupts and PWM on all I/O pins (there are 10 I/O pins on the board).
- And, an RGB LED and two high power 850nm IR LEDs.
- The OV7725 image sensor is capable of taking 640 x4 80 8-bit Grayscale images or 640 x 480 16-bit RGB565 images at 60 FPS when the resolution is above 320 x 240 and 120 FPS when it is below. Most simple algorithms will run at above 30 FPS. Your OpenMV Cam comes with a 2.8 mm lens on a standard M12 lens mount, which you can replace yourself with more specialised lenses.
- Frame Differencing: Detect motion in a scene by looking at what's changed.
- Colour Tracking: Detect up to 16 colours at a time in an image.
- Marker Tracking: Detect groups of colours instead of independent colours.
- Face Detection: Detect Faces
- Eye Tracking: Detect someone's gaze.
- Optical Flow: Detect translation of what your OpenMV Cam is looking at.
- QR Code Detection/Decoding: You can use the OpenMV Cam to read QR Codes in its field of view.
- Data Matrix Detection/Decoding: Detect and decode data matrix 2D barcodes.
- Linear Barcode Decoding: Decode 1D linear barcodes.
- AprilTag Tracking: Track AprilTags at 160x120 at up to about 12 FPS.
- Line Detection: Infinite line detection and non-infinite length line detection segments.
- Circle Detection: Detect circles in the image.
- Rectangle Detection: Detect rectangles using our AprilTag library's quad detector code.
- Template Matching: Detect when a translated pre-saved image is in view.
- Image Capture: Capture up to 640x480 Grayscale/RGB565 BMP/JPG/PPM/PGM images.
- Video Recording: Record up to 640x480 Grayscale/RGB565 MJPEG video or GIF images.
Quick reference, general information, tutorials
||ARM® 32-bit Cortex®-M7 CPU
w/ Double Precision FPU
216 MHz (462 DMIPS)
Core-Mark Score: 1082
||128 KB .DATA/.BSS/Heap/Stack
384 KB Frame Buffer/Stack
||32 KB Bootloader
96 KB Embedded Flash Drive
1920 KB Firmware
|Supported Image Formats
JPEG (and BAYER)
|Maximum Supported Resolutions
||Grayscale: 640 x 480 and under
RGB565: 320 x 240 and under
Grayscale JPEG: 640 x 480 and under
RGB565 JPEG: 640 x 480 and under
||Focal Length: 2.8 mm
Angle (Field-of-View): 115°
IR Cut Filter: 650nm (removable)
||Pins are 5V tolerant with a 3.3V output.
|Idle - No microSD Card
||110 mA @ 3.3 V
|Idle - microSD Card
||110 mA @ 3.3 V
|Active - No microSD Card
||190 mA @ 3.3 V
|Active - microSD Card
||200 mA @ 3.3 V
||-20°C to 70°C
and more information available here
Development Software available for
- WINDOWS XP, VISTA, 7, 8, 10 or later
- OSX SNOW LEOPARD 10.6 or later
- UBUNTU 12.04 LTS 32/64-BIT or later
- RASPBERRY PI 0, 1, 2, AND 3 or later
Download OpenMV IDE
, the premier integrated development environment for use with your OpenMV Cam.