PiWire+ is a deluxe one wire host adapter fully compatible with Raspberry Pi A+, B+ and 2.
The PiWire+ adds the following functionality to your Raspberry Pi computer:
- 1-Wire adapter with three 1-Wire controllers providing a total of seventeen 1-Wire channels.
- Connector for I2C bus operating at 5 V.
- Battery backed up real-time clock and calendar with integrated temperature compensated crystal oscillator and a 32.768 kHz quartz crystal. (Battery not included)
- Designed for use with Raspberry Pi model A+, model B+, and model 2.
- Incorporates EEPROM as defined by the HAT specification.
- Slot for camera cable is provided.
- Cutout for display cable is provided.
- Supported by the owfs software package.
Possible applications include:
- Home automation, domotics.
- Industrial automation.
- Temperature logger, weather station, ...
- Scientific applications.
The PiWire card only offers basic ESD protection. While suited for everyday indoor applications, this ESD protection is not capable of protecting the one wire host adapters and the Raspberry Pi against the effects of nearby lightning strikes, especially when using one wire devices and cabling outdoors (for example weather stations). When connecting outdoor equipment and cabling, additional ESD protection circuits are necessary. More information about this can be found in the manual.
Link to PiWire+ - Documents and Software: